Tips On Selling my Timeshare
If you are one of the many families choosing to opt out of your timeshare experience to reduce expenses in our current economy, be careful in whom you chose to help you with the process. Take time to investigate any offers that seem too good to be true, as they may turn out to be exactly so.
Some companies are asking for thousands of dollars up front, for closing costs etc. with the claim that they already have definite buyers and then the sale does not occur. In light of this, we want to give you some tips on selling your timeshare so that you remain safe and do not incur any financial losses.
If you find yourself with an unwanted timeshare on your hands and some frustrations in trying to sell it, you may be interested in availing of one of our professional Timeshare Consultants at www.timehsaresecrets.com who can assist timeshare owners to sell, without further pressure or false promises. All you need to do is avail of a free consultation. There are no risks involved as if the titles are not transferred, you do not pay!
Having a professional who knows all the ins and outs of the business allows you to relax. These consultants receive payment only once the escrow has closed, which you dictate, and the timeshare is no longer yours. You can have your timeshare sale complete in as little as 90 days, removing you of all financial obligations.
Tips on Selling Your Timeshare
Be wary of Great Offers – Get all agreements in writing and take time to investigate the company and what they are promising. Do not act in haste or be pressurized into doing business due to an outstanding ‘offer’.
Accredited Business: Choose a timeshare resale company that you can trust will handle your business with integrity.
Complete Check of Costs- Ask about commission charges. Ensure they use escrow services so you are in control of payments rendered. Do they complete the whole sale? Are there additional charges for listing or advertising? What do these charges cover and is it refundable if things do not go as planned?
Do not Pay Upfront-Choose companies that are paid only if the timeshare is sold. There have been many complaints where people paid substantial fees upfront and are still left with their timeshare and no refunds forthcoming.
Are they Licensed Resellers? - Beware of fake addresses or resellers using PO Boxes. Investigate the company’s location and verify if they are in possession of a real estate license effective in your location, with the state licensing board.
Advertising-Use cost effective advertising that reaches your target market:
- Free or low cost internet ads using timeshare keywords
- Place online classified ads on timeshare sites so you are only paying to connect with your target audience, those interested in timeshares.
- Place ads in EBay and Craigslist who are popular timeshare advertisers.
- Put posters on the bulletin boards of your resort.
- Place an ad in the resort newsletter.
- Pricing- You are in charge of the price and it is an important factor in whether your timeshare will sell. Be realistic about a fair current market price and you will stand ahead of many of the high priced timeshares currently having their listings refused. Find out about recent sales, check databases, eBay auctions and real estate offices to establish the correct asking price.
- Treat Prospective Buyers Correctly-Ensure all information is accurate in ads. Respond quickly and accurately to emails phone calls. Prepare counter offers that you are comfortable with in advance of receiving lower offers.
For a free, no-risk consultation, please contact Time Share Secrets.